Our Safety Protocols
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and our office has always followed infection control guidelines prescribed by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, and in accordance with the ADA’s return to work recommendations and the State of CT best-practices guidelines, you may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. The most important consideration for us is the safety of our patients and our staff. These changes include:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand, by phone or e-mail, to ask some screening questions regarding COVID-19. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- You must wear a mask or cloth covering to enter our building and at all times in our office except during treatment.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- At check-in, your temperature will be taken with a contactless thermometer.
- We ask that you call us from your car when you arrive and we will give you instructions.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer water dispenser, magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. Appointments will be staggered. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients moving through the reception area and to allow adequate time to disinfect the treatment rooms.
As always, we ask that if you are not feeling well for any reason, please reschedule your appointment for the safety of our staff and other patients.
We have modified our schedule to minimize patient overlap at check-in and check-out and to allow for adequate sanitization. IT IS CRITICAL THAT YOU BE ON TIME FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. Our schedule cannot be modified for late patients. If you are late, expect to be rescheduled.
- In addition to the above, we are employing the following:
- N-95 face masks and face shields when necessary
- Disinfectants approved for COVID-19
- Medical-grade air purifiers with HEPA filters
- High-speed evacuation tool for use during procedures which produce aerosols
- UV-C sterilization when appropriate
- Use of fogging equipment with innovative sanitizing solution
- Surgical caps and protective lab coats
We ask for your patience during our transition to a new way of providing safe dental treatment. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Dr. David Stebbins and Staff